Skip to content Skip to footer

Frequently Asked Questions

Become a Member 

  • We are excited you are interested in joining Arkansas Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (ARID). You can become a member of ARID here. If you are having issues with our membership portal please contact our Technology Committee at and we will help you as soon as possible. 

Questions about Arkansas Interpreting Licensure 

Need to hire an interpreter?

ARID is an organization to provide professional development opportunities for interpreters, we do not hire interpreters for jobs. The state of Arkansas has a few different agencies that can assist you in hiring an interpreter. The contact information for the various agencies are below.

Little Rock/Central Arkansas

Northwest Arkansas

Need an Interpreter for a funeral

Problems with the ARID website? 

  • Please email and we will respond as soon a possible. If you need immediate assistance with our website please call or text our Google Voice number at 501-594-3793. One of our Technology committee members will be happy to help at our earliest convenience.

Need a list of interpreters in the state/nationally? 

ARID does not currently hold a comprehensive list of licensed and/or credentialed/certified interpreters within the state or on the national level. However, there are a few places to find a list of interpreters.

List of credentialled interpreters in the state of Arkansas

List of Arkansas Licensed interpreters 

List of RID Nationally Certified Interpreters across the Country

Want to become an interpreter (Classes, Testing, etc.) 

  • Arkansas requires interpreters to possess a bachelor’s degree to take the state credentialing test. If you are interested in getting a degree in American Sign Language (ASL) Studies (Associates Degree) or Interpretation:ASL/English (Bachelor Degree) you can contact UALR’s Interpreter Education Program at
  • Our national organization is the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID). If you are wanting to become a Nationally Certified interpreter you can find more information at Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf’s (RIDs) website as well as the testing administrator CASLI 
  • Once an interpreter is credentialled or certified within the state of Arkansas they are required to hold an Arkansas interpreter license which is issued through the Arkansas Department of Health. To find more information about how to obtain, maintain, and renew your license visit the Arkansas Advisory Board or Interpreters for the Deaf’s website below. You can also find a list of licensed interpreters within the state here as well. 

I need proof of my Membership/get a copy of my membership card/ Receipt of payment 

  • All of your membership information can be accessed in your membership portal.