Arkansas Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
DEIC Mentorship Training Community of Practice
- Do you want more training to improve your work as an interpreter in various settings?
- Do you want help in analyzing your own mental processing while interpreting?
- Would you like to work with an experienced group of interpreters who will help provide guidance and insight into the field of interpreting?
- If yes, then DEIC’s Mentorship Training Community of practice is the perfect place for you!
Who: All current ARID Members, no interpreting credentials required.
What: The ARID DEIC committee is committed to creating a community of practice in which mentors and mentees work together toward building strong foundational skills.
When: The mentorship program will be offered twice a year, in the Spring and Fall, conducted over a 5-week series. Participants may enroll in each 5-week program individually, there is no minimum or maximum limit to how many programs an individual may participate.
Where: All meetings will be held virtually through Zoom.
Why: The mentorship program will seek to teach both professionalism and applied interpreting skills. This program does not seek to provide one-on-one mentoring. Instead, participants will form a community of practice and participate in group meetings.
How: Participants of this program will participate in meetings focused on professionalism, skills development, and cultural awareness. Applied interpreting skills development may be conducted either in conjunction with DEIC meetings or in separate dedicated meetings.
Participants must attend orientation and debriefing sessions to be held a week before and a week after the course, respectively. A post-course evaluation is required to be completed in order to receive CEUs.
- Applicant Notification: Applicants will receive notification of selection and must confirm their participation in the program within one week of acceptance notifications. Dates of orientation and program schedule will be provided in the acceptance letter.
- Cost to Participate: There will be no cost to participate in the 5-week, online training program.
- Membership Status: Participants must be current members of ARID.